Hiding carrots and spinach

When I cook, I find ways to hide veggies in whatever I'm cooking, sometimes the kids don't have a clue, I like that! I love to fool my kids!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Coconut milk fish



The frog and I found this recipe on the back of the coconut milk can..and we just changed it a bit..The kids eat this soo fast and beg for seconds!! It's sweet and tangy and oh soo good!

I will post a picture, we just made it the other day, but never thought to take a photo:) I'll try to do that, as I love it when I see the photos on garlic breath blog, and strawberries and creame, and sometimes I cook. (ooh there are many more too:)

Ingredients:
6 slices of fish or 6 servings
1/4 c. of water
1 can of fresh coconut milk
1/2 c. of shredded carrots
1/2 c. celery
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic
3 tomatoes, chopped
2 t. oil or butter
1T tomatoe paste
Salt, black or white pepper to taste
1 chicken bouillan

Directions:
Season fish with salt or lime juice and grated garlic. Heat sauce pan. Add oil or butter. Add carrots, onion, garlic and tomatoes and sauté well. Add tomatoe paste and chicken bouillon. Add coconut milk , salt, pepper. Cook over low heat until mixture starts to thicken. Add fish, cover, and allow fish to cook. It's done when fish breaks apart easily. About 20 minutes on medium. Serve hot, over rice or orzo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home