Hiding carrots and spinach

When I cook, I find ways to hide veggies in whatever I'm cooking, sometimes the kids don't have a clue, I like that! I love to fool my kids!

Friday, April 21, 2006

French leek pie, Thomas maman's recipe




Description:
everyone that tries this..wants to know how it is made..and it is soo easy!
one tip though..be sure to get all the sand out of the leeks..:) that is a must!

Ingredients:
1 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crust
2 teaspoons butter
3 leeks, chopped
1 pinch salt and black pepper to taste
1 cup light cream
1 1/4 cups shredded Gruyere cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in leeks; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until soft. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cream and cheese, and warm through. Pour mixture into pie shell
Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until custard is set and golden on top. Allow to sit 10 minutes before cutting pie into wedges.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger ♥ E.T. Suzy ♥ said…

    I'm married to a frog, also (from Neufchateau). Aren't they fun? He's been in the US since he turned 18, and he's losing his croak a bit, but he still has a frog's heart. I'm going to make him Thomas's mother's leek pie, because I'm getting very tired of my husband's mother's leek SOUP. Thanks for posting the recipe!

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger Betty Carlson said…

    When I go back to the States, my family always insists I make quiche! They think it's something really elaborate and special (even though there's plenty of quiche served in the USA...) but it's actually so simple!

    I love leeks, but am not so crazy about leek soup. Try leeks au gratin or leeks vinaigrette if your hubby has a leek quota...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home