Hiding carrots and spinach

When I cook, I find ways to hide veggies in whatever I'm cooking, sometimes the kids don't have a clue, I like that! I love to fool my kids!

Friday, April 21, 2006

Castle cake to impress a 5 year old


Description:
I was blue for days with this frosting...so use a pastry bag..this cake made chase soo happy..and it was quite fun to build:) I did one for dylans 6 year old birthday too..soo long ago:)

Ingredients:
• 5 baked 8" square cakes & 5 cupcakes
• 5 to 7 cups white icing
• 5 sugar cones
• blue edible glitter or sugar crystals
• 1/2 cup blue icing
• assorted color gumdrops and red licorice strips
• blue gel icing
• light blue sprinkles
• Colored paper or blue saran wrap and tape
• 5 toothpicks



Directions:
Step 1:
Cut one cake into four equal pieces and arrange three of them atop the four whole cakes, as shown, securing with icing. (Tip: Cut up the extra cake piece for nibblers.)

Step 2:
Frost the castle and put the sugar cones on top of the cupcakes for the turrets.
Step 3:
With a pastry bag, create blue icing corner pillars and a door made out of graham crackers..add the licorice strips wherever needed.

Step 4:
Set the gumdrops and what ever other candies you can imagine around the castle ledge, then add decorative loops of gel icing.

Step 5:
Finally, add the sprinkles around the top of the castle and top the cone turrets with flags cut from the colored paper and taped to the toothpicks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home