Hiding carrots and spinach

When I cook, I find ways to hide veggies in whatever I'm cooking, sometimes the kids don't have a clue, I like that! I love to fool my kids!

Friday, April 21, 2006

Lemon bars


Ingredients:
-2 sticks (8 ounces) butter
-2 cups flour
-1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
-4 beaten eggs
-2 cups sugar
-4 tablespoons flour
-1/4 cup lemon juice
-1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
-sifted confectioners' sugar


Directions:
Heat oven to 325°.
Blend butter, 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar.
Pat into ungreased 13x9x2-inch pan.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.

For filling, blend together eggs, sugar, 4 tablespoons flour, lemon juice, and lemon peel.
Pour over first layer.
Return to oven and bake at 325° for 20 minutes.
Loosen around edges, cut into bars and sift confectioners' sugar over the top while warm.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:47 AM, Blogger buzzgirl said…

    I love, love, love lemon bars. My favorite!!

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger ♥ E.T. Suzy ♥ said…

    I made these from your recipe and they were great. Thanks!

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Papadesdeux said…

    Oh, cool. Now I don't have to search for lemon bar recipes. I'm on a lemon kick. Lemon tarts. Lemon pies. Lemon bars. Go figure. Life is like that. It goes in spurts. :))

     
  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger islandgirl4ever2 said…

    I think I will try this when I get back from Cali. I usually used the box mix, but that can't be found in France... I think lemon bars would be a big hit here.. almost like a tarte au citron, but a little diff. Thanks for the recipe, I had forgotten about these yummies!!
    Take care, Leesa : )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home